Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I will name it George

No, not really.


When I was in university, I would almost always give my essays a title at the end of my writing process. It was difficult to do otherwise because I wanted to make sure the title was truly reflective of the content. So that`s probably why I'm finding it difficult to come up with a label for this blog in the infancy of its rebirth. 


It may take a few posts for me to really define how I'm going to use this space and what I'm going to focus on. I feel like I should have a more definitive focal point than say "my life" or "day to day musings." That would feel like far too broad a road to walk down and I think I'm at a point in my writing career where I can pick a topic and have the attention span and commitment to stick it out...at least for a month or two :)


While I may have to wait for a fitting title to occur to me, I feel a sense of urgency that's making me a bit antsy and undeniably compromising my creative spirit, "Hurry up mommy brain!" Everytime I see "Proverbial Girl" I cringe. That was so 2006. It's like rollerblading or saying "fo-shizzle." All have had their time and place, but we should move on.


I`m also haunted by the posts of blogging days past. Was Steven really so wonderful - he`s great and all, but did I have to gush about him so openly - and why did I sound so green. It`s like I was just discovering how to walk. And maybe that`s it. I was embracing and unwrapping a new life and new perspectives at the point when I started this blog. Still, a lot of my early posts are eye-rollers and I keep them only to serve as inspiration to do better.


With all of this maturity (and a little bit of baggage), I will set out to redefine this blog and re-tool the branding one post at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment