Thursday, July 22, 2010

Still no name...

It's shameful, really. I'm embarrassed for two reasons: 1) for a Creative like me to take this long to come up with a blog name is not cool; and 2) I couldn't remember how to spell 'embarrassed' (one 'r' or two?).

My brain has officially melted into Baby Einstein flavoured soft serve.

So I have taken to reading 'real' books these days while I'm nursing Norah. For awhile, all I could handle were chick-lit (or shit-lit) novels while I was still working because they were such an easy diversion from the rigours of work stress. This so-called literature had really no educational value...and how often can you follow the shopaholic on yet another antic before she becomes a little predictable?

I'm currently reading Three cups of tea which is actually non-fiction by authors Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. It's the chronicles of Greg's physical and emotional journeys to Pakistan, first to scale K2 and then more nobly to build a school in the remote mountain village of Korphe. I'm not normally a fan of non-fiction, usually associating it with somewhat pedantic writing, but I'm finding the narrative of this book very appealing and entertaining. I'm only 50 pages in, but I'm starting to feel my brain take on a more solid composition. Maybe I'll figure out a blog title by the time I'm done reading Three cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment