Thursday, May 11, 2006

Home alone....

....I have the house to myself for the weekend 'cause Karl is out of town.....

What to do....what to do....my first thought was that I could run around naked......hey, anyone living with housemates KNOWS that's what they'd do first :)

Actually, I do have a house guest in Karl's stead.....Melissa will be hanging out on our couch for a couple of days....so, there will be someone else around :)

If you read Rachel's blog, you'd know that we hit an event planner's tradeshow yesterday afternoon....what a blissful way to shake off the crap from earlier this week. It marked the turning point in my week, for sure :) There's nothing like being down by the lake when the water is sparkling, eating ice cream, drinking free beer and indulging in all sorts of mini-adventures (for free!) to drive away the blahs. Working a five-hour day is pretty sweet, too :)

Today, was a rainy day. I heart rainy days. I really really really love rainy days. It was nice and quiet at work. Not a lot of people were out walking so my walk to and from work was a touch more tranquil than usual. I got to chat with people I like and people who like me. I also worked out and while I was ellipticalling (or ellipticizing?) I started reading a book called "Captivating." It has struck a definite chord with me and I think I'll learn a lot from it......I'm kind of excited about it :) It feels like just the right thing to be reading after having just finished "I kissed dating good-bye."

I have a phone date with a good friend later this evening. And, I think I'll be in bed at a decent time, tonight. All in all, things are back to "normal."

:)

2 comments:

  1. I've read that book. It's quite good. I'm sure you'll learn lots, at least I did anyways. Maybe we can disucss it at some point. I know other people have read it from Freedomize and enjoyed it.
    Perhaps we should start a girly book club.

    Hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johanna - that's a really good idea!

    I'll let you know when I'm done....I'm finding it a really good read and I am learning a lot from it.....about myself and my sisters :)

    ReplyDelete