Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Non-allergy-related tears...

....or damn near close to it....

Today kicked my ass all over the place.

I found out that the system disruption that I caused yesterday (very innocently and unintentionally, mind you) had a bigger impact than I had gauged and caused more than just raised eyebrows. The only saving grace is the grace of God in all of this. My AVP was super nice to me all day and totally had my back even though I had caused the screw-up. I won't get fired, which was my initial thought when I found out what had happened. I can actually say that it didn't bring me to tears even though I probably had cause to bawl my little eyes out. God does provide strength and His mercy is so sweet. I was able to get through a ridiculous meeting and survive withouth losing focus. Praise Him for that 'cause I really don't know how I could've done that on my own.

I will end this on a brighter note and say that the entire day wasn't crappy....it was tempered by the above situation, but it was also intensely good....I got asked to work on another project. And, because, on the surface, I was able to hold it together and hold my own through the crappy situation, my AVP was somewhat impressed. It was certainly a learning and growing experience. The Lord can do the most incredble things in the worst circumstances.

When I got home from work, I went for a walk in Kensington which totally helped me shake off the yuckiness I was feeling. AND, I bought little herb plants -- rosemary, thyme and basil :) They're sitting in the living room now and they look really cute.

So, I do feel better now. And, tomorrow is another day. And, all that crap that happened is so insignificant....in light of eternity.

1 comment:

  1. it is insignificant in light of eternity. word.

    ReplyDelete