Monday, May 01, 2006

So, I've decided...

....to make some changes.

To start, I'm making a concerted effort to be in bed at a decent time every night. I'm going to be judicious in how I spend my time....this means I probably won't get to hang out with everyone, all the time and I'll probably end up missing more than one fun FT event. But, it does mean that when I do spend time with my friends, they'll have my undivided and un-sleep-deprived attention. I can't stand feeling cranky, irritable or exhausted and I hate that I do feel like that when I need to be there for others.

Also, I'm looking at a number of major decisions that I've made in the past that have had a negative or stress-inducing affect on my life.....Some that even seemed life-giving to begin with, but turned out to be burdensome to all involved. I don't want to lament the decisions or dwell on the negative, but I do want to learn from them. And, in some cases, take steps to make things right. I've decided it's never too late to turn around and take steps in the right direction.....no matter how many steps I've gone in the wrong direction thus far.

As for today. it was a day full of peace. I really did feel abnormally focused and got tonnes of work done. And, I managed to be more than just efficient with work tasks. I chatted with work friends, good friends and my fam.

In a nutshell, I was in an optimizing mode all day. I know not every day will be the same, but I feel like the trajectory wasn't so steep today......

Shout-outs (it's been awhile):

- Ryan, it's always a pleasure :)
- Nadine, congratulations on the M license!!!
- Shawn, you've been a most gracious house guest....come stay again!!
- Debbie, all I have to say is "a-ma-bee-yay" (sorry for butchering even the phonetic spelling)....thanks for introducing me to Cantores Celestes!!
- Johanna, that is one freakin' awesome Bench hoodie-esque top ;)

2 comments:

  1. Me too...it's all about filling your life with less stuff and then doing the stuff that remainsn with more purpose and more..uhh...awake-itude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ALL about the awake-itude :) Hope you were able to fix your bike seat with the wrenches....sorry I had to hand the tools over to you and dash into the shower.....as it was, I was a solid 15 minutes late for Luke......ah well......

    Btw, running was AWESOME tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete