Thursday, January 26, 2006

I killed it....

...my presentation, that is. The big one. I completely rocked it :)

I had to make a major presentation today, to about eight Directors and a couple of other employees, on a communication plan for a really big project that I'm consulting on. It went splendidly and I got some great feedback!! I feel like this was a milestone in my career....like I raised the bar for myself. It could just be my ego talking right now, too. Nonetheless, I have to praise God for getting me through these professional challenges with so much success. Sometimes it feels a little surreal.....like I'm watching myself do stuff and I'm like "Who is this girl? Where did she learn to do that?" Definitely the work of the Lord.

Now, I can relax and unwind.

I know I still haven't posted anything about why I named my blog "Proverbial girl"....I guess I can do that now.....

If you read Proverbs 31:10-31, you'll find a profile of a wife/woman of noble character. I read this awhile back and found it compelling, more so than any other passage I'd read about husband/wife dynamics or even about how to live, in general, as a woman. I love the way this passage talks about the woman as being a strong, industrious provider for her family. She is creative and wise and, in my view, the epitome of what a woman should be. There is nothing to suggest that she is subservient to her husband in a pejorative way....rather, it suggests that the relationship is definitely a partnership with each person having specific roles. This, in my mind, is very efficient....from a relationship standpoint, as well as from a business perspective. In any organization, the most successful teams are ones where everyone has a clearly defined role and does their particular job to the best of their abilities. The same can be said of a good relationship. All around, it just makes sense to me and I hold this passage as my standard and model. The title is a bit of a play on words because, in addition to it being an allusion to the passage from Proverbs, it is also a simple statement to say that I'm really just a quintessential girl :)

So, now you know. Any questions? Comments?

4 comments:

  1. Rosh,

    You are a quintessential girl, but in a good way. And congrats on the presentation. I wouldn't say this in person, but blogland tempts me to say you go girl!

    Right …

    See you at Movement?

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too tired to go to Movement....

    And, I didn't know you were going!

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:15 p.m.

    I LOVE that part in proverbs. I had never ever heard that growing up in the church until I stumbled across it myself at age freaking 25, and I was like (this sounds dumb writing it out but it's true), "Whoa, God actually likes women." Heh, how about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    Yeah....I'm SO in love with that passage right now. And, I too grew up in the church and NEVER came across that until just recently....funnily enough, I'm 25 now! What you wrote doesn't sound dumb at all, but is probably something that some of us (read "women") feel subconsciously.....What a revelation and release!

    ReplyDelete