Friday, January 20, 2006

My first post

This is exciting! This is my first blog...my first blog post....I have to write my thoughts here....real thoughts....Why did I sign up for this?

Because I'm home alone on a Friday night, not really bored, but without anything that I "have" to do. That's been happening more and more lately....I have to admit that I'm starting to like my free time....it used to scare me at first 'cause I'm used to always having something to do. Now, I can usually sit for at least twenty minutes without trying to figure out if I should get up and find something productive to do.

So, to make this blog a "real" blog, I suppose I should commit to posting without filtering too much, while still maintaining some privacy for my own protection (thanks for the tips, Rachel!).

I kind of feel a little inadequate starting this....and it's weird because I manage part of my company's Intranet and content management system....I write and publish daily as a profession.....and yet writing and publishing stuff that's personal seems so much more nerve-wracking and causes my heart to beat quicker. I know I'm not really great at talking about my own personal stuff and I've put up protective walls...blah blah blah.....I suppose this is my attempt at opening up and not wanting to settle with a "that's just the way I am" mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment