Monday, January 30, 2006

It was a day

What a day. It started out with me not being able to get up in time for an important breakfast meeting for a community of practice that I belong to :( Next, my computer crashed twice.....first while I was getting ready for my 9am meeting and then half-way through my meeting. My mouse wouldn't work so I had to call Help Desk to replace it... :P I didn't get sustenance until 12noon (making that breakfast and lunch all at once).

It got progressively ok......note I said ok and not better. By the time the afternoon rolled around, I was exhausted already. BUT, I refused to throw in the towel early....even though I could've left the office at 4pm, I stayed until 6pm to get some extra work done.....so maybe tomorrow won't be awful! I actually ended the day on a bit of a higher note....I managed to mock-up a pamphlet and I think I was pretty satisfied with my effort in the end! Thanks to TF for really comprehensive feedback....it was much appreciated and helped motivate me!

So, I really tried hard not to have a bad day despite being frustrated....and that's what got me to the point of "ok." For me, it's really easy to indulge in self-pity, but I know that all too well.....so I fight it, but it has to be fought with my mind and not with my heart.....as with a lot of things :)

I'm going to go sit and do absolutely nothing now.....marvellous :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rosh, sorry to hear about the crappy day (again). You'll be happy to know that you didn't miss much in the evening. It was so loud that we couldn't talk much, and then we only stayed for an hour, and then he drove me home, and then I went to bed. I hope you got a good night's sleep last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. R.

    You rock. I hope you can bring that brochure mockup or whatever you have at that stage on Monday -- that is, if you can wake up! Okay, that was mean. I hope you do make it though, but only because I like it when you're there. Remind me to ask you about your mockup process: How long it takes to get something out onto paper that you're satisfied with or that makes you feel that you're moving ahead...

    Peace,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)

    Sorry to hear the evening wasn't fantastic for you.

    I got ok sleep, but I'm sick now :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. TF.....YOU rock :)

    Should we start thinking about adding another creative session to the week? An evening one, perhaps? I suddenly have a lot of free time on my hands and I'm looking for purposeful activities to occupy said time with.

    I do miss it when I'm not at the breakfast :( Let me know when you want to chat re: my mock-up process....I actually brought a hard copy of the pamphlet home tonight to show off to Karl :)

    ReplyDelete