Monday, January 23, 2006

To Waterloo and back

So, I made it to Waterloo on my own....not that I've never been. I just didn't want to drive myself. And, for no reason at all. I just didn't feel like driving myself. What a princess. Sometimes, I astound myself.

The day went really well, actually. My meetings were great except for the last one. My last meeting was a debrief of another meeting and the project manager is driving me insane. Without getting into too much detail, I'm finding the project manager to be less than competent and I feel like she has her own agenda. I just want to do what makes the most sense for my company and I get really frustrated when others make decisions, on behalf of the organization, that are obviously not in the best interest of the organization. It's scary. I refuse to let her stop me from doing my job....and I will not be deterred from my purpose! Thankfully, it's only one project and I'm not the consultant on it...I'm an "end user." If it were one of "my" projects, that I am consulting on, I'd probably be a little more passionate about having her replaced. I just have to remember, this too shall pass.

This week is going to take it out of me...I already know it. One day down, four more to go! God provides. I know He's with me and He is the only reason I'm getting through, all things considered. It has definitely been challenging for the past couple of weeks. Work really has been great! And, it's great that I'm becoming "known." Personal stuff is a little more rocky. I'm struggling to be at peace with God's will for me right now. It's really hard to admit. I hate admitting failure or weakness. I want to be strong and supportive for those around me so I cannot lose my focus or my determination to keep going despite how I feel. Anyone reading this, can you please pray for my strength? Many thanks :)

I am physically exhausted now...a bit of a rarity....so I will put myself to bed. Before I forget, though, I thought that I should explain why I named my blog "Proverbial girl." I won't explain now, but if you read Proverbs 31:10-31, it'll give you a good head start.

2 comments: