Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hold me closer tiny dancer.

Lol...that's for you, Rach :) It'll never get old :D

So...I have some random anecdotes from the day.....

1. Penis vs. pianist.....hard to distinguish the difference when pronounced by an English-speaking Francophone....I was in a meeting today and one of the Directors said something about a short term disability case where a person's functionality in their occupation could be impacted if they're a pianist and their finger gets cut off.....except "pianist" sounded like "penis"....I had to fight so hard to keep my decorum.

2. I thought Ryan was king of the "mama" jokes.....but I think Rachel could give him a run with "Ta mere est une vache sallee" (my apologies for the lack of accents....can't figure out the commands for them on a mac).

3. Ben Folds sings a pretty mean "Tiny Dancer."

4. I'm having a really rough time getting back into the social scene after my trip.....I really missed home and my friends here....but for some reason I have a resistance against any sort of social gathering....I want to see people, but I don't want to go out or be in large groups...but at the same time, I do....and then I don't.....it's starting to worry me.....and that's starting to get really frustrating......I'm not sure what to do.

5. On a better note, work is good and I like being there! I really should build a fort there.....with cardboard boxes and pillows.

6. My parents bought my brother a Jeep Grand Cherokee.....lucky bugger. It's all pimped out, too....leather int., power everything.....heated friggin' seats.....I used to drive an Optima when I lived at home....when my brother inherited it from me, it actually died on him while he was on the 401, driving to an exam...!! It was an ass-car of the finest variety.

7. I really need to stop falling in love....especially when I'm not supposed to be dating until sometime in August..... *heavy exhale*

....and......I'm done.

7 comments:

  1. roshan, i miss you. jan has a girlfriend. im sad. blue jean baby, LA lady,she was a seamstress for the baaaaaaaaaand. Im coming back July 11. falling inlove is ok. just don't give in where it isn't deserved. I LOVE THE BOOK btw.
    kisses and hugs and ladybugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah!! I miss you back, sweet girl :)

    That's crappy about Jan....I'm really sorry to hear about that....Was it "that girl" you were telling me about? Don't be sad!

    "Pretty eyes....pirate smile....she married a music maa-aan..."

    I'm happy that you'll be back in the city sooner rather than later :D We'll shop Queen West when you get here!

    And, you're right about the love stuff...thanks for the reminder :)

    I knew you'd find the book beneficial :D Lots of wisdom therein.

    Email me when you get a chance (you can get my address from Rach).

    Blessings,
    R :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.s. BEN DOES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes it was "that girl":( oh well, im moving anyway right? someday my prince will come, just hopefully he's german. I'm starting to have a preference:P Will email you soon. We can shop when I have money. Still need to find a job. DO you know anyplace?
    love,
    H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Re:

    1. you said penis

    4. I totally felt this way after India. You should totally hide if you want to.

    5. when you build your fort, can I come?

    6. ass car! actually i think the technical term is shitcar. :)

    7. says who?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - thank you for your annotated commentary ;)

    1. I said pianist :) Didn't you "hear" me correctly?

    4. Thanks....I guess I do feel like hiding...and I was feeling guilty....it's good to know I'm not weird :)

    5. Of course you can come visit my fort....we can have tea and knit...or you could just come over to the apartment and do that anyways :)

    6. Ah, I stand corrected....it was the finest shitcar ever...ever.

    7. Well, I think it was God who said something along the lines of "Take a step back and hold off on the dating for three months, little miss." (Yes, that's what He calls me...) And, he said that mid-May....so that takes me to mid-August....anyways...I have more peace about it all today....I will obey, and that's all I need to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:05 p.m.

    hold me closer tony danza...

    what a song... i'm rather fond of the dave grohl cover

    -Nadine

    ReplyDelete