Saturday, June 10, 2006

Nothing like a day of fresh air and softball to make it feel like summer!

It was a gorgeous (though a little windy) day for our company softball tournament. My team was named "Paradise by the dashboard light" a la my friend Steven (isn't that the best name ever!!!). We didn't win per se....per se....we had tonnes of fun....and that's what really counts...isn't it?

Either way, I killed it.....wow, do I miss playing competitive sports.....

I can't WAIT for FT softball this summer......I gotta get my skillz in better shape, but I found I was more than ok today for not having picked up a bat yet this year :)

I got a lot more colour today, too......my nose is very very very bronzed (more so than my normal tint...)....

I have to admit to more than my fair share of ego boosts today, too.....my friend Steven and his friends kept me entertained the whole day....AND, I was invited to ride in a Jeep YJ with the top off and windows down.....AND, I was told that I was hot by Steve's physiotherapist friend.....and Steve.

Moving on.....

My parents dropped by the game to watch me play....I had my first at bat while they were there and I just cranked it :) It felt SO good!! I won't see them again for another 6 weeks 'cause they're off to Virginia for the summer.....wish I was retired :P

My mom made some incredible chocolate chip, mocha, walnutty cookies and gave us a whole tin full......she's so cool :)

Now, I have some down time....for about half an hour....then I'm gonna get prettied up for dinner....and pick a dinner place.....I feel like something on the finer side.......something with a view.....I'm thinking Panorama.....or something on College......not sure what though.....big K may have to give the final word.

I don't think I could've had a better friggin' day so far :D

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:17 a.m.

    i played softball for an accounting firm team the other day (they didn't have enough girls) and i friggin' sucked. i used to be good. what happened?!?!?!

    glad your day way nice.

    ReplyDelete