Tuesday, July 18, 2006

All that glitters....

....is my life right now :)

God has been blessing me abundantly over the past little while.....I'm feeling so much more centred lately.......I feel like I hit the reset button and I'm discovering how to make decisions so that I'm working to my full potential and feeling the most "myself" as I've ever felt.....and I guess that comes from learning more about who God wants me to be....and where He wants me.....and realizing that things aren't always black and white.....or rigid :)

I'm also enjoying life and really living......I'm loving work.......I'm eating healthier, sleeping at least 8 hours a night, reading, working out, running, spending time with Steve.....I've severed some attachments that were holding me from moving forward.......all is in balance......

My spiritual director had some really encouraging advice for me.....to paraphrase, she said that I need not feel guilty about making decisions for myself.....we are supposed to be living lives of freedom, without guilt.....we often can get pigeon-holed into doing things that we think we "should" be doing just to please others.....a trap that I fall into more than I like...and, often, we create rules and laws in our lives, or we allow others to impose rules and laws in our lives, unecessarily and to our detriment.

So, my decision-making devices are now: 1) What is the most life-giving choice I can make, and 2) What choice will lead to freedom as opposed to obligation and guilt. In other words, what do I really LOVE doing as opposed to what makes me feel like shit or that backs me into a corner that I'll regret later.

It's really hard sometimes to anticipate how a decision will make you feel, but I think that I'm getting to a point where I know my patterns and I can give a good guess as to how I will feel in certain situations.......it's obviously not an exact science....but I'm also learning to worry about that less, too......

......in the end, this all pales in light of eternity......

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:16 a.m.

    almost appears like freedom but is most likely just a lack of selfless-ness. . .

    ReplyDelete