Sunday, July 30, 2006

Rambling account of yesterday

Yesterday, Steve and I were in Waterloo for the day.........driving there, we had the music cranked and we sang along to eighties pop :)

We drove through St. Jacobs and hit the market for steaks......we picked up some other goodies like pepperettes, cheese curd and apple fritters :) We found the biggest shallots I've ever seen in my entire life.......and we found a purpler pepper! Weird, but I'm really intrigued about what that'll taste like.

After the market, we drove over to Steve's dad's place and I got to meet Mr. Paul Grossman for the first time. He's so cool :) We connected over smoked fish and turkey sausage.....and laughing at Steve's ridiculousness.

Tangent.....My brother and Fel happened to call so I got to chat with both of them......my brother's knee is pretty much back to normal......I bugged him a bit about my parents coming back from VA......they're back either tonight or tomorrow......they get to meet Steve!!

Back to the main plot....

I went down for a nap for part of the afternoon while Steve and his dad tooled around in the garage.....by the time I was up, it was pretty much time to hit the road again......we had plans to pick up corn from a farm (it was SO fresh!!!!) and have dinner with Shawn and Hailey (the last of Steve's closest friends who I had to meet...).......

Dinner turned out to be really great....the steaks were fantastic! Shawn's parents and grandmother were also over so we chatted with them and I got an invite to Shawn and Hailey's wedding......in the Dominican!!!!! They're getting married in February 2007 so that could be my early 2007 vacation.....and then I can do Israel with my parents later in the year (May-ish).

Shawn's neice (6 months old) and nephew (I think he was 3 years old) were also over 'cause his parents were babysitting them so I got to play with the baby and Steve shucked corn with Shawn's nephew :) That was too cute for words.

After dinner, we went to Jane Bond (a pretty trendy little place for Waterloo)....and had a couple of drinks (I was DD so I had a diet coke).....we had THE most hilarious conversation in the car, just before dropping Shawn and Hailey back at their place....Shawn, I hope Hailey didn't kick your ass too hard after we left ;)

The drive home was lovely.......Steve and I.....driving along....chatting about the day.....listening to our music :) Probably my favourite part of the day.

Today, Steve is at his cousin's wedding and I'm doing laundry and getting ready for church......after church, I'm going out with FT peeps......Steve will most likely hook up with us then......and then we start the week again.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment