Saturday, July 15, 2006

Shucking...

:)

We are shucking (and eating) 20 dozen (and that's not a typo) oysters tonight!!!!!

It's going to be a good night :)

Steve's brother is doing the job right now....and we're standing around, watching, learning....I shucked one earlier...sort of....I need practice.

Side note - we're also listening to fabulous music right now.....old school, nostalgic tunes....it's just all so....nice :)

I miss summer dinners down in Virginia....eating steamed clams, oysters....crab and shrimp....all you can eat :)

My parents are down south for the summer (as I mentioned in a previous post....)...so they're enjoying the southern, east coast cuisine that characterizes Chincoteague (google it).

Shout-outs:
  • Felicity, Rachel, and Blake for brunch at Boom!
  • Felicity, you deserve an extra hello for our afternoon meanderings
  • Kev, good sort of run this morning :)
  • Lorne, keep on shucking
  • Jordan, thanks for showing up....it was good.....thanks.
  • Stu, thanks for the advice re: the boiled celery....I'm on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment