Saturday, April 01, 2006

Grogalicious

Karl called me at 9am this morning to chat, catch-up and ask me to do something for him. I really want to make a sarcastic remark about that, but I also don't want to because as much as I could joke about it, I DO like doing things for him.......he's a really good brother to me. He doesn't grumble when I ask him to do stuff for me so I don't want to even jest about grumbling when he asks for my help. And, I was SO excited to talk to him 'cause he's been away for a week and a half now and I'm not sure when I'm going to get to see him again between now and when he comes back (still a few more weeks to go :P).

As light as this post started out, I just realized that I do get awfully defensive sometimes when some people ask me to do stuff for them........I think that my natural urge is to be as helpful as possible, but I've felt taken advantage of before and I don't like that feeling. And the thing is, I haven't been completely victimized by the "advantage-taking" of others.....it probably only happened once or twice in the past, but it was enough to sting me. I don't want that to impact my servitude to others!!!!! Ah, orphan heart.....you're a sneaky devil!

I also realized more recently that I have a long way to go towards humility. And, I guess that means letting others help me....actually admitting that I need help sometimes.......and not existing as an island. But, it feels so much safer this way!

Well. This is why I don't often write on my blog when I'm still groggy with sleep. But, I did, and it's ok. Actually, it was quite painful to write some of that....both because I hate being vulnerable and the very process was painful because I'm groggy and can't think very clearly or coherently. Now, I'm rambling.

Grogalicious = deliciously groggy. A state of being, usually first thing in the morning or after waking up from a mid-day/early-evening nap....my face is shiny, my hair is natty and I haven't brushed my teeth.....mmmmmm....grogalicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment