Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Old life vs new life

It's the week for me to celebrate my first friend-a-versary with my FT peeps.

It's making me think about life pre-FT and how my quality of life now is so much better and I'm in such a better place.....only one year later!!!!!! Big props to "the one who brung" me ;)

Here's the comparison for anyone curious....

Old life:
- Living alone, sans amis
- Surviving attacks from a cat that was ass-crazy
- Engaging in self-destructive behaviour and relationships
- Feeling nervous, shaky and scared most of the time

...scary, that about sums up the OL....

New life:
- Living with K and J
- Having friends who call me and drop by for visits all the time
- No psycho cat, but lots of friends with uber-adorable felines (Oh, Avvy! Oh, Guido!)
- Engaging in life-giving, Christo-centric relationships
- Laughing a lot, enjoying life a lot and generally being in a good mood (for the most part....there are exceptions, but they're mostly short-lived)
- FT
- Feeling centred and like I'm standing with both feet firmly planted on solid ground

....I could go on, but I have to go clean the house before Bible study....

Yay, new life!!

5 comments:

  1. I second the idea of not being the same person after FT has done it's work! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 p.m.

    that's so great. I got all seriously warm and fuzzy reading that, especially since right now I'd like to be hanging out with you and Rachel but instead I am at WORK. Boo.

    Anyways, here's to emerging from a bad place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 a.m.

    I had no idea you could comment on these pages without being a 'member of the community.' i'm so glad that i was wrong!

    old life vs. new life...pretty amazing stuff, dude! i love the fact that i'm still rocked by evidence of the transforming power of Jesus even though i've seen Him in action a million times.

    keep on rockin' in the free world, sista.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa, ya know what also gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling? Penguin shaped shortbread cookies with royal icing.....BOOyah! I ate my cat green cookie last night....along with four others.....after eating a bowl of "Cherry Garcia" a la Ben & Jerry's :D But it's all good.....I went running this morning!

    Kate, dude, I love you lots. You missed some WICKED dancing last night at Supermarket......see you later this aft?

    ReplyDelete